Mikalojus Oginskis in Kapčiamiestis in 1724. built a public chapel. 1744 it is mentioned as a branch. 18th c. a parish was established in the second half. Since 1777. there was a parish school. To Kapčiamiestis in 1900. The appointed priest M. Guoga began to use the Lithuanian language during the services. 1907 The branch of the Žiburis Society (chaired by priest Juozas Bridžius) established a library-reading room. 1941 June 22 the church burned down. Equipped temporary. Through the care of the pastor Aleksandras Labanauskas and with the help of the faithful in 1956. a new current church was built.
The church is rectangular in plan, single-towered, with an entrance hall and an apse. Cemetery fence stone masonry.