Chairman of the Lazdijai branch of the Lithuanian Rural Tourism Association - Valdas Vasiliauskas
Tel. +370 612 75419
El. p. [email protected]
Address: Akmenių k. Kučiūnai sen., Lazdijai district. sav.
About the association
The Lithuanian Rural Tourism Association (hereinafter - the Association) started its activities in 1997, when only 17 homesteads were members. By this year, the number of members has increased 22 times. 2013 March 7 According to data, the Association unites 370 members. These are not only rural residents who provide rural tourism services, but also people who are just planning to set up this business, employees of regional tourism centers. During almost sixteen years of the Association's existence, rural tourism facilities, together with accommodation services providing various recreational services, have become small cultural centers in rural communities, where artists' plein airs, carvers' and sculptors' creative camps, conferences, seminars, family celebrations, culinary and ethnic heritage .
Objectives of LKTA
- to represent the interests of the members of the Association in various institutions and organizations;
- to coordinate the activities of the members of the Association in developing rural tourism in Lithuania;
- to organize seminars, conferences, fairs, exhibitions, methodological tools, information bulletins on the activities of the Association and its members;
- to raise the qualification of the members of the Association, to organize internships in the country and abroad;
- to analyze the demand for rural tourism services at home and abroad;
- to co-operate with the Republic of Lithuania, other countries and international analogous organizations, to be a member thereof;
- to participate in the preparation and discussion of new draft laws of the Republic of Lithuania regulating the activities of the Association and its members.
Procedure for admission to LKTA
Accession to the Association is submitted upon application to the Association Council, and to the legal entity and a resolution (extract from the minutes) on the wish to become a member of the Association. Membership in the Association does not limit the activities of individual members, unless these activities are directed against the Association. Withdrawal from the Association upon settlement of property obligations with it. If, due to the resignation of a member, the Association is unable to fulfill the assumed obligations, the resigning member must compensate the resulting losses of the Association or terminate the performance of the obligations.
By a resolution of the Meeting, a member of the Association may be expelled from the Association if:
- fails to fulfill obligations or otherwise violates the Articles of Association;
- does not pay membership or other fees and targeted payments for more than two months after the deadline.
Membership fees and other targeted payments are not refunded to a person who has been expelled or withdrawn from the Association.