The museum was founded in 1998. It contains exhibits reflecting the history of the Veisiei school, telling about the exile of the people of this region and other twists and turns in the history of the region. The material on display is about the ophthalmologist doctor, creator of the international Esperanto language Ludvikas Lazaris Zamenhof, who in 1885 came to work in Veisiejus and finished creating the Esperanto language here, organist, composer Juozas Neimontas, poet Sigitas Gedas.
Floating dream (painting in ebru technique),
The idea of a colored dot,
along the paths of the breeders' shtetl,
All Lithuanian folk writings fit on an egg shell.
June 1 - August 31:
Working hours: II-F 9 a.m.-5 p.m., VI 9 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
September 1 - May 30:
Working hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-3.45pm.
From 2022 July 1 Visiting the Lazdijai Region Museum and its branches is paid, more information at www.lazdijumuziejus.lt