Public Institution "Lazdijai Tourism Information Center"

Church of the Holy Trinity in Rudamina


Grigalius Masalskis and Marija Masalskienė near Rudamina manor in 1592. built a church and donated it to the village of Beviršiai. 1674 the abandoned brick church is mentioned. The owner of Rudamina manor Mikalojus Turčinavičius Sušickis started to build the current brick church. 1757 production of roof tiles began, an architect was sought for the tower project. 1777 parish school is mentioned. 1797 the church was rebuilt. 1803 Pastor Augustinas Polikarpas Marcejevskis (1761–1827, later Bishop of Seinai, he consecrated the church; buried in Rudamina) was appointed to Rudamin, and prepared the young people for the seminary. The pastor Jonas Giedraitis (died in 1910) built a brick rectory. By the care of the pastor Jurgis Zienius, the church in 1913. increased. 1985 The pastor Juozas Zdebskis (1929–1986), appointed at the beginning of the 19th century, repaired the church. He in 1986. February 5 killed in a car crash; buried in Rudamina, in the churchyard. Church in early Baroque style, Latin cross plan, two-tower, with an entrance hall. Single-breasted, covered with a cylindrical vault. It has 5 altars. Cemetery fence stone masonry.