European Mobility Week is the largest sustainable movement campaign in the world. Its events take place every year from 16 to 22 September. The campaign calls for the initiation and promotion of sustainable vehicle use.
The theme of European Mobility Week 2021 is "Safe and healthy when moving sustainably". This year, the theme was chosen to commemorate the difficulties everyone experienced during the COVID-19 pandemic. Be that as it may, this crisis has prompted cities to respond creatively and swiftly to the situation, and this year's European Mobility Week will see an exchange of good practice on how cities have been able to recover quickly and move more actively in a sustainable way.
People are invited to try car alternatives, travel by public transport and other sustainable ways, go hiking, give the busiest city streets to pedestrians for at least a day. Lazdijai district municipal institutions join this campaign and organize many events.
- 2021-09-17 21.00 Opening of the loft (Alytaus str. 57, Krosna), opening of a new cultural space, during which young singers and dancers of the Lazdijai region will perform and Dj Filtered tools will invite you to dance.
- 2021-09-21 17.00 Nordic Walking Hike “Explorers around Veisiejus” (Eglė Gurskytė, Public Health Strengthening Specialist, Lazdijai District Municipality Public Health Bureau, mob. 8 620 74 563).
- 2021-09-22 7.00–9.00 International Car Free Day is an initiative “Feel the power of a horse II”, the aim of which is to leave your car at home for at least one day and reach work and educational institution by another means, for example: on foot, carriage, bicycle, scooter ... (Dovilė Paulionienė, Lazdijų Public Health Enhancement Specialist, District Municipality Public Health Bureau, mobile 8 656 87 237).
- 2021-09-22 12:00 to 13:30 campaign "If visible - I am safe" in Independence Square, Lazdijai.
- 2021-09-22 15.00 Hiking and cycling competition triathlon track (Virginija Monkienė, coach of Lazdijai Sports Center, mobile. 8 689 05 806; Artūras Mačionis, coach of Lazdijai Sports Center, mobile 8 603 11 009).